Saturday, July 20, 2013

What is a Digital Citizen?

 
 
 
A digital citizen is someone who treats the Internet with respect, follows rules, and has responsibility online in order to stay safe while using the computer or other technical devices. Down below are two presentations that describe how to put a technology plan into a school. I made up a private elementary school as an example of a private school in Indiana that does not have technology in place. My resource came from the State Education website that shows what states have a technology plan for their public schools. I also had to do a little research about what schools use to keep their Internet safe.  The outline is first and the power point presentation is second. Enjoy:) 
 
http://www.scribd.com/doc/154970067/Being-A-Digital-Citizen
 

5 comments:

  1. Stephanie,
    I enjoyed reading your thoughts about implementing technology in a school. It would certainly be a huge undertaking. I particular thought your comments about adopting rules and regulations about digital citizenship would be valuable for a school to consider instituting. I do not have much experience with private institutions, so how would they raise money for such an initiative? Through grants?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie,
    Sorry about the post above, it wouldn't let me alter my name. I enjoyed reading your thoughts about implementing technology in a school. It would certainly be a huge undertaking. I particular thought your comments about adopting rules and regulations about digital citizenship would be valuable for a school to consider instituting. I do not have much experience with private institutions, so how would they raise money for such an initiative? Through grants?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for responding:) Most private schools go through grants and auctions. Some do ongoing fundraisers throughout the year, such as box tops which would go towards a fund for the school. I guess I should of put that in there, but it was kind of summed up with the committee putting together a way to find funding. I didn't put a lot of specifics, because you could go on and on:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stephanie,

    I liked your way of bringing private schools in focus and the most pressing need of funding for them to create a digital citizens. I also liked the idea of involving parents.

    Thanks
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is smart that you included in your plan a specific call to teach technology in a positive way but to also outline consequences when students choose not to follow the digital citizenship laws. Being transparent with the students and parents will definitely make implementing the new plan much more efficient.

    ReplyDelete