Friday, July 12, 2013

The Digital Divide: Are There Too Many Choices?


After listening to some of my classmates talk about their experiences in the classroom or in their work environment, it got me thinking about all different communities and where are divide problem might be. I myself have had digital divide moments, because I taught at a private school where the kids had more access to technology at home then they did at school. The technology we had available was old donated computers that were outdated. It took outsiders and volunteers to update them and grants to get some new technology going, such as smart boards for upper elementary grades. This lead me to thinking about our schools more and where our focus should be centered on.

My voice thread message about the Digital Divide was about there possibly being too many choices for digital devices to choose from for our schools. Most of my opinions came from all three articles we read in our module this week and a little video my son watches called "Wall-E". The two questions I answered in my voice thread message are:

What is the Digital Divide and why is it changing?
What impact will Digital Divide have on today's learners ( solutions can be offered)?

Listen to my voice thread link to find out more! My slide is number 9:)


https://voicethread.com/share/4729105/

1 comment: