Monday, June 24, 2013

All About Me

Hello Classmates,
 Welcome to my blog! My name is Stephanie Fenton and I am an elementary school teacher, army wife, and mom. I taught Preschool, 1st, and 3rd grade over the course of 8 years at a private school. I currently just got done training at the Dyslexia Institute so I could tutor children who are dyslexic and stay home to raise my 2 year old son. It was a very hard choice to leave the classroom, but I am enjoying new experiences in education through the Dyslexia Institute. So far it has been rewarding!

I am taking W531 to go towards renewing my teaching license. I have to renew it every 5 years, so it is fun for me to brush up on what is new in education. I do not have a desire to get a Masters Degree at this time, but it could be a goal in the far future.

I look forward to sharing and learning from all of you in our computer education class!

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie, I am a true "immigrant" of the US but since I came here very young others think I'm a "native" to this country. As for my technological skills, I agree with you even back in the '90s and so on I feel we are "immigrants". Being out of the classroom for 12 yrs, I found that I have been left behind. I want to find new ways to connect to this new generation of "natives" and make them excited about what is being taught in my classroom. I agree with you that if we schools don't have the funding to provide technology in their schools than how cac we as teachers reach these "natives" when we don't the new tools to implement techonoligical paradigms? I came from an urban school back ground and most urban schools and rural schools do not have the funds to support new technology for their students. So my question is how do we as teachers that work in these schools can connect and provide support to these "native" students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, some of my words deleted as I submited. Like I said I really need this class to take me closer to being more tech-savvy:)

    ReplyDelete